Friday, April 2, 2010

keep it, aunt marry anne.

i have an aunt. her name is marry. marry anne seaton. she is my mom's older sister. she lives in penang with my grandma. she is not married. she is my god mum. she takes care of my cousins and i when we were babies. occasionally, she would come down and visit me. one fine day, when i was about 4 years old, i noticed that aunt marry had her gold ring, bracelet and necklace. so i said, "when i get married, you could give your jeweleries to my wife." she and my mom laughed.

in 2003, aunt marry was diagnose with breast cancer. she kept it to her self. except my mom and aunt lyn. so she went through the surgery and therapy in singapore. recently, she complained about back aches. it seems that the cancer had spread to her bones. so this morning, she and my mom went to singapore and see the doctor. for the record, now is 8.40 pm. 10 minutes ago, aunt marry called me. she asked whether i remember anything about her jeweleries. i said no. so she told me the story above. how i want her to give them to my wife and all. of course i didnt mean it, jeez, i was just 4 years old. she said that she's giving me the jewels. i didnt want it but she insisted. i dont want it. i said told her that she could give it herself when she meets my wife.


From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.
-Edvard Munch

No comments:

Post a Comment